With effect from 13 October 2000, the Housing Developers’ Association (HDA) Malaysia was renamed the Real Estate and Housing Developers’ Association Malaysia or REHDA Malaysia.
Based in Petaling Jaya, the Association was established on 21 May 1970 with 13 pioneer members to represent the private sector in property development in Malaysia. Today, REHDA boasts a membership of over 800 developers across the nation who are responsible for some 80% of the total real estate built.
REHDA has grown as the leading voice of development of developers in all property categories, from traditional housing projects to condominiums, townships, towering commercial complexes, shopping malls, state-of-the-art golf courses, hospitals, theme parks and industrial estates.
Being the sole national representative body for property developers, REHDA plays a pivotal role in ensuring that developers’ views are heard by the relevant authorities and government agencies. REHDA is highly respected by both the public and private sectors for its commitment to nation building and betterment of life. The Association’s quest to provide affordable and quality housing for the nation through its members has also yielded great success. These remarkable achievements reflect REHDA’s growth from strength to strength, and this record is set to continue well into the future.
REHDA's guiding principle is to provide responsible leadership to all property developers in building quality housing and real estate for the nation.
Specifically our objectives are :
- To promote and co-ordinate the development of land and construction of buildings for residential, commercial, industrial, tourism and other related purpose by members with a view towards contributing effectively to the economic development of the country ;
- To promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to the techniques and methods of the development of land and construction of buildings for residential, commercial, industrial, tourism and other related purpose by members throughout the country;
- To study problems arising from the development of land and construction of buildings as well as to propose solutions to the government, through the relevant ministries, departments and agencies;
- To protect the legitimate interests of members, in particular, to dialogue with the government and its agencies on matters pertaining to policy, finance, legislation, technical standards and administrative procedures, affecting the development of land and construction of buildings.
Code Of Ethics
That it shall be known to all men that members of REHDA Malaysia are distinct by their integrity, reliability and fairness, this Code of Ethics shall serve to guide and inspire all developers to faithfully honour as well as observe the principles herein under stated :-
- to act in accordance with the rules and constitution of REHDA Malaysia;
- to uphold at all times the dignity and reputation of REHDA Malaysia;
- to be guided at all times in dealings with clients, fellow developers and others by a sense of honour, fairness, propriety and mutual respect; and to strive for excellence in the daily conduct of one's business as well as maintain the dignity of the real estate and housing industry.
In cognizance and support of the nobility and worthiness of the abovementioned principles we hereby set our hand in testimony.